Sunday, June 3, 2007

Apple iPods and Razr or the New Apple iPhone

The biggest decision I will have to make in the next month or two is to decide weather or not to dump my Razer V3 and my iPods for the new iPhone cell phone with the MP3 player built in.

My Razr already has a MP3 Player built in. It's not the iTunes MP3 Player that most Razrs come with. Its has its own type of MP3 player that is available in the universal international phones and dose not need iTunes to operate. It is also set up for Cingular GPRS.

Configuring this type of international Razr V3 Phone can be a very daunting process. It took me a good day to get the proper protocol in the right places in the phone to operate properly.

After having the phone part working I set out to fill it with Music. When I went to start adding music, I come to find out I needed to get Motorola phone tools downloaded to my laptop and , or my PC. OK so I buy and download the Motorola phone tools and start downloading MP3 s from my library to the Razr V3. With out the optional Mini SD Card you can only put 128 MB worth of music into the Razr phone.

So now I have the phone and the music going and I start using the Razrs Mp3 Player and the battery would be sucked dry within about an hour . So I do some Google research and find that the Razr runs a Java script application which uses a lot of power.

So now I have $300.00 phone that I only use for the phone. I never use it for music or Photo's.

One thing I do like about the Razr V3 is that you can get a data network from the service providers and plug the V3 into your laptop and get online through Razrs modem just about anytime anywhere via Blue tooth or USB cable for about $ 10.00 and up a month. Cingulars Media Net comes strait to the phones browser even without the data plan, but that will cost you big time. Before getting the data network I used the MediaNet browser for about a half hour and wouldn't you know their was a $30.00 charge on my next invoice. Cingular AT &T was kind enough to to remove that charge once I called and signed up for a data plan. Much less than the $30.00 charge.

Seems like a lot to go through and just throw the Razr V3 away for the New Apple iPhone. My carrier Cingular AT&T will be offering this phone , so I'm pretty sure I would not have to go through all the hassle of setting up everything.



This is what the Apple web site has to say. Since nobody I know has received one yet we will just have to take Apples word for whats to come.

"iPhone combines three amazing products — a revolutionary mobile phone, a wide screen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching — into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone. "


I really don't know if spending the cash for the 4GB @ ($499) or 8GB @ ($599) memory models I would make the change over. Between my 4 iPods and my Razr V3 I have spent over $1000.00 on what are really toys.

If you want to be one of the first to know when the Apple iPhone is released go to this link
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/success.jsp?&_requestid=62397

I hope you enjoy reading my blogs. I try to right blogs that are relevant to todays active life styles which for most of us includes lots of tech toys.

No comments: